Hello everyone, and to the official page for the International Lonely Bouquet Day initiative!
The ultimate goal of this initiative is to dedicate one day a year to making strangers happy. The method we have chosen through which we hope to achieve this goal is… flowers!
In preparation for the (inter)National Lonely Bouquet Day that will take place on Sunday the 25th of June, I’d like to introduce you to the Lonely Bouquets. What began as a simple idea to spread the joy of flowers throughout our local countryside has blossomed into an initiative meant to inspire hobby gardeners, florists, and flower lovers all throughout the world. After-all, the beauty of flowers knows no boundaries… it can’t be confined to just one country.
The basic concept of the Lonely Bouquet goes a little something like this: 1) gather a bunch of flowers either from your local florist, from the garden or straight from nature, 2) arrange the flowers in a small, recycled jar or tie them off with a bit of twine 3) add a signature “take me!” tag, and 4) leave the arrangement behind for a lucky local to take home. Voila! You have just delivered a handful of flowers that will surely put a smile on a stranger’s face.
1) Create a profile, including links to your business website, twitter and/or facebook page (optional)
If you'd like to PREPARE AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED "TAKE ME!" TAG with it's own unique QR adopt code, follow these steps:
2) From the frontpage, click on "prepare" in order to add a title, description, and your location that you would like to include with your automatically generated "take me!" tag. Feel free to attach an image to make the whole adventure more fun! :)
3) Click on the "done" button in order to move on to the next step and generate your "take-me!" tag.
4) You will automatically be redirected to the new page dedicated to your bouquet. Now click the "Generate Take-me Tag" link. Feel free to make any textual adjustments you would like!
5) Click on "generate tag" to create your very own "take me!" tag with it's own unique QR code. Your tag is now ready to print! Clicking "generate tag" will automatically send you to the printing menu.
Note: if you would like to use your very own tag creation you can simply copy the adopt key and manually write this on your tag.
6) The next step is to abandon the bouquet. To do this, go to your user profile (at the top right) and choose "my objects" from the drop-down menu.
7) Click on the "abandon" button next to the bouquet that you would like to abandon.
8) Now you can add a picture of your bouquet in its "lonely" location. When this is filled in, finalize the abandoning by clicking the "Abandon object" button and patiently wait to get that exciting e-mail that it's been adopted! :)
If you'd like to USE YOUR OWN TAGS BUT STILL WISH TO ADD YOUR BOUQUET TO THE MAP, follow these steps:
2) From the frontpage, click on "abandon" in order to add a title, description, and drop-off location for your bouquet. Based on the drop-off location and/or your profile, the finder of the flowers will be able to search for your bouquet.
Do you have flowers in your garden? Do you know anyone who does? Do you want to help make people happy? Then you can help! We hope to get gardeners and philanthropists alike to gather all of their flowers, create simple bouquets, attach our “take me!” tags, and distribute the bouquets throughout near-by villages, towns, and cities. All of this in the hopes of putting a smile on a stranger’s face! :)
Don’t have facebook? Follow along with the flower fun on twitter (@lonelybouquet) and instagram (@thelonelybouquet)!
2014 Promo Video:
2013 Promo Videos:
And for the Dutch speakers out there… I tried my best! :)